Monday, October 31, 2005
Waiting and Waiting...
So typical me... I get all excited about sticking with something and then I go and disappear for a few days. I am okay, things are good. I have just been really busy at work and the last thing I want to do when I get home is log back into the computer. So.... yeah, that's that.

On Friday we had our regroup with Dr. Funny. Husband got to go and I was glad that he seemed to like him. He has officially diagnosed us as "unexplained", I fucking hate that word. He mentioned that husbands morp. is on the low side of normal, but is in fact normal. He does not feel that it is necessary for me to move on to injectibles because I "respond beautifully" to cl0mid. So... the plan is to wait four more days to see if I am pregnant (Hope and I are having major battle right now) and if I am not Husband will go in for a repeat SA. If everything is still in the normal range we will continue with the IUI + Cl0mid until the insurance money runs out or I run out of emotional steam. It was hard to hear that either this was going to work or we were going to have to do IVF but I guess it is better to know the truth.

I am home from work today because it is my birthday. That is right today is officially the first day of the last year of my twenties. I have spent the morning catching up on all of my TiVO'd shows from last week and now I am parked on the couch in front of the fireplace jammin' to the music playing on my new iP0d! Tonight we will entertain trick-or-treaters until about 7:00 and then we are off to a nice dinner. Tomorrow it is back to the grind. I hope the week goes fast.

Toodles!

PS - Still no smoking... I think I am over the hump now!


11 Comments:

Blogger Larisa said...

Happy Birthday!! And continued congrats on the not smoking thing - very good!

How frustrating to have no real diagnosis.

Here's hoping you don't need one, and that you'll get very good news in a few days.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have an excellent year ahead and that all of your birthday wishes come true!!

Blogger Sheryl said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Hope you had a great day :) I always take my birthday off. No need to be working that day!

Well P, welcome to the shitty world of unexplained infertility :( D and I are in the exact same boat... and that boat sucks. It sounds weird, but I'd rather have something wrong with me. then I could at least have something to blame... {{HUGS}}

Blogger Mrs. T said...

Happy Birthday and congrats on quitting smoking.

I have been diagnosed as "unexplained", too and it pisses me off royally, too. That world should never be allowed. There HAS to be a reason. They just haven't found it yet. At least that is my opinion.

Blogger PJ said...

Happy Birthday. Enjoy the last year of your 20s.

Congrats on the no smoking thing.

Blogger Donna said...

Happy belated birthday, sounds like you had a good one. Unexplained infertility is an oxymoron -- there IS an explanation, but like Mrs. T. said, they just haven't figured it out yet. Hang in there.

Blogger zhl said...

Happy Birthday! And congrats on quitting smoking. You've given yourself a great present, and I really hope you get an even better present this year.

Unexplained sucks. I hope your next diagnosis is knocked up.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A belated happy birthday, I hope you had a good day. Good to hear that things look good - they have done all the tests, right? (sorry I know I could re read your blog to get this info but I can't find the time right now!)

Blogger Miss W said...

I'm a little (ok, a lot) late with the birthday wishes. Hope your day was absolutely fabulous. I promise to always celebrate the day along with you :)

Blogger lucky #2 said...

Happy Birthday! May all your wishes come true this year! Congrats on still being smoke free!

Blogger Nico said...

And...? No fair leaving us in suspense for so long!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG