Friday, April 22, 2005
RE Appointment Set...
I broke down today and made an appointment with an RE. My schedule is crazy this summer and I was afraid that if I didn't do it soon they wouldn't be able to get me in when I wanted. Now let's just keep our fingers crossed that my body doesn't screw up the timing. I typically have a 27-31 day cycle so my estimation is that June 10th should fall in the first week of my cycle, hopefully early enough to do Day 3 blood work and a baseline ultrasound.

As I mentioned before I was torn about which RE to see. I couldn’t decide whether to go to the one who took my insurance or the one who didn’t. I made an appointment with the one who didn’t and after a conversation with Husband and my OB I changed my mind and decided to go ahead and see the RE that does. I had estimated the cost of my first visit to be at least $400 out-of-pocket if I went to the one that didn’t and that didn’t include an additional SA, HSG, etc. if the Doc wouldn’t accept the ones from October. By going to the one who does we only have to pay office visit co-pays ($10) and perhaps an outpatient co-pay ($50). Much. Cheaper.

I think I feel better now that the appointment is made and on my calendar. I spent over an hour this morning filling out the paperwork (medical history, medical release forms, blah, blah, blah) and all that is left to do is Husband's history. I want to get them faxed over soon so that all the records get to the RE in plenty of time for him (yes him… I am bummed about that) to review them. Husband may have to come out of the closet to his family about our adventure as there are a couple of questions on there that I don’t think he is going to know the answer to. I may be able to ask SIL since she knows what is going on. Hmmm?!

I am tired of the hot flashes and the bloated belly. Can you believe that I gain over 5 lbs every stupid cycle that I am on the Clomid? It usually comes off pretty quickly as soon as the cycle busts though so no big deal.

Monday I leave for my first week away on business. I am really sad :o( I don’t like staying in hotels by myself and I am not keen about being away from Husband, Dog and Cat – not to mention my own bed! Luckily it is only a one week gig this time so it shouldn’t be too bad. Then I am home for a couple of weeks and then back out for a month. Obviously if the Clomid doesn’t work this month we are going to take yet another month off since I won’t even be home.

Well, Happy Friday to all my non-readers. I am going to pack up and blow this popsicle stand!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG