Thursday, May 12, 2005
The Amazing Disappearing Period.
So I have no idea what is going on, but by 4:00 yesterday afternoon my period had vanished. No more bleeding, not even a spot. I have had some short periods but this is pretty unusual. I just don't know what to think. It will probably come back at some point but usually it doesn't disappear until after three heavy days and then it comes back for one day of spotting?! Anyone else have a magic disappearing/reappearing period?

Also, I am in the process of compiling all my medical records to send to my RE for review before my consult in June. Yesterday I received records from an ER visit I had in 1999 where they diagnosed me with an ovarian cyst. Now, I knew that I had the cyst, but they told me that it was "minor" and that it would most likely resolve itself. Reading through the records I found this on the report from my ultrasound:

Impression: Very large cyst in left ovary measuring approximately 7 cm.

Now does anyone else think that a 7cm cyst is a bit large for them to not recommend that I follow up with an OB or something to make sure that it "resolved" itself or is 7cm nothing to worry about? I should also mention that I was on the pill at the time mainly to control ovarian cysts after having one rupture in 1997. Now I am super scared of my next meeting with the Wand Monkey. What are they going to find...


1 Comments:

Blogger Mellie said...

I definitely don't want to get your hopes up, but if your period doesn't reappear perhaps you should consider taking a hpt? This friend of mine recently told me about her friend who just found out she was pregnant. When she went in for her 8 week u/s, she learned she was actually closer to 12 wks. She had thought she had gotten her period but it wasn't a true one. Of course, when my friend told me that story I responded with "What kind of idiot who's ttc doesn't even know if they got their period?" I think she told me the story 'cuz she found it funny. I, however, found nothing amusing about it at all.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG