Friday, June 10, 2005
Progress...
So I am home from the RE. It was a great appointment! I really like my Dr. (Dr. Funny) and think I made the right choice on which clinic to pick. Dr. Funny spent about an hour with me going over my history and my options. He advised that Husbands morphology was really borderline (6%) and we opted to move straight to medicated and monitored IUI. They did a bunch of blood work today (FSH, E2, Prolactin and TSH) and I had a baseline ultrasound. The tech said everything looked good, no cysts and 12 follies ( 7 on the right and 5 on the left)! I am going to use Clomid again, 50 mg days 5-9 and will call if I get see a surge on my OPK prior to CD 14. If not I will go in on CD 14 for a follie and lining check and if all is good he will trigger me! He offered the trigger after I explained that Husband will be leaving town the night of CD 15 therefore rendering it impossible to do an IUI after that day. Obviously if things aren't okay on day 14 we will have to cancel the IUI for this month. He also wants to do two progesterone checks this month, one at 8 days after my LH surge and one at 11 days after. He is concerned that my levels may be falling off too quickly.

Anyway, I am really excited to get all my numbers back (probably on Monday) and to have to ball rolling, FINALLY!


5 Comments:

Blogger Mellie said...

Congratulations! It sounds like a great plan. I remember the relief I felt after meeting with my RE the first time - just that finally someone else could take charge of getting me pregnant. I hope this works out for you the first time!

Blogger Larisa said...

Congrats! Sounds like a great appointment, and nice to have a plan. I hope all goes well on or before dh leaves.

Blogger Donna said...

Good on ya for getting everything started! I'll be checking for updates. I have to live vicariously now through my blog friends who are still in the trenches.

Blogger Cass said...

It's so nice to feel like you're in capable hands, isn't it? I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Sounds like he knows what he is doing and you sound like you are comfortable with him (so important). I've got my fingers crossed for you my friend!

Oh, I'm not on my work computer so I had to sign in as anaymous.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG