Monday, February 13, 2006
Really? I was freaking out over that...
Tonight was the first night that I had to rush home from work to shoot up - 10 units of Lupr0n in my left hip. I have been having really bad dreams about the injections and have woken (waked? UGH I hate that word) up in a cold sweat on more than one occasion. I rushed to be home by 6:45 so that I would have at least 15 minutes to psych myself up. I walked through the door and loaded up the instructional CD in my laptop. I reviewed the SQ injection video and upstairs we went. Husband came along for moral support. We had originally thought that he was going to give me all of my shots, but I decided at the last minute that I would rather do these myself. After five minutes of prep I was sitting on the toilet, syringe in right hand and a chunk of chub in my left (thank goodness I have put on 15 pounds since I quit smoking), two deep breaths and off I went. And - it did not hurt. It did not sting. I do not yet have a bruise. I think I might be okay. We will see how the PIO shots go, but at least for the time being I am off and running!


6 Comments:

Blogger Cass said...

The first one is the hardest, and you've made it through. Congratulations!

Blogger Mellie said...

Mazel Tov on the beginning! Take one thing at a time and you'll survive with flying colors.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! You must be so excited!

Blogger Larisa said...

Congrats on beginning! Awesome!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice going! At last we are rewarded for having a little something around the middle.

Blogger laura said...

You will be okay. You'll be fine, and stronger for it. I actually took great pride in my ability to give myself all of my shots. it took a long time, but wow -- it's not anything I ever thought I could. And us IF's have to take our kudos where we can get them. Good for you!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG