Tuesday, May 24, 2005
I feel the need to come clean...
This post is hard for me to write. I have this unbelievable need to be perfect in everyone's eyes and obviously this extends to people that I don't even know since I have blogged for three months and never mentioned The Thing.

Here is The Thing. I am a smoker. Yes, that is correct, I love nicotine! It is a hard admission for me to make especially since the first thing everyone tells me when they find out I am having a hard time getting knocked up is, "well you should stop smoking". I have always know that I would quit smoking when I got pregnant... and that I wouldn't go back. When we first started this journey I used to get to the end of the 2WW and say to myself, "self... this may be your last pack of cigarettes". Obviously I don't do that anymore. I quit for a month last summer but that all flew out the window one night when I was hanging out with some friends and having some beers at a BBQ.

I know that at least a couple of my readers are smokers or ex-smokers. If you are a smoker what kind of grief are you getting from your RE? I am scared that he is going to send me away... tell me to quite smoking and come back in three months. If you are an ex-smoker and quit before you conceived, how did you do it?


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a smoker too. My IVF doctor emailed me a horrifying document about smoking & the effect it has on my eggs. It ages them 10 years.....wow.
I still haven't stopped either. How can such a smart girl like me, but so, so silly? I'll be checking out your other comments later & see if anyone has tips on Q.U.I.T.T.I.N.G.....I really enjoy smoking too and I'm embarressed to admit it. Bad.

Blogger Jamila said...

P, I'm not a smoker (at least not when I'm not with my friend Liz), but I'm in a glass house too, so no rock-throwing here. I feel the same way about my eating/weight issues. I *know* if I step up the exercising or improve my eating habits, it'll help my fertility. I get on the wagon sometimes for a few days, and then AF comes, and I'm so depressed..... Anyway. Sorry I have no tips on helping you quit, but I definitely know where you're coming from.

Blogger Mare said...

I'm not a smoker, but I'm certainly not going to judge you. I can't even give up caffeine, for heaven's sake. Do the research, get the facts and then you can decide what feels right for you. Good luck.

Blogger Larisa said...

Never have been a smoker, but I have many of my own bad habits that I haven't figured out how to stop. Wish I could give some advice.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG