Monday, July 25, 2005
-/+/-/+....
I am back from HOT Arizona. The services for my grandfather were beautiful. Bless the people who worked so hard to put it together and a huge Thank You! to the local Honor Guard and chapter of the American Legion.

As you know I took an OPK on Tuesday night and it wasn't quite positive. This excited me greatly since I was still out of town. On Wednesday evening I took another OPK and it looked positive - the test line was thinner than the reference, but as dark. On Thursday before I left for Arizona I took another OPK and it was clearly negative. Husband and I had a least given it a shot and I left for the desert feeling happy that we had not completely missed the boat.

Saturday morning I realized that something was amiss. I went to the restroom and realized that I had hit the proverbial TTC jackpot - tons of EWCM. Thinking that it must be a fluke I restricted my fluids, waited four hours and peed on yet another OPK - it was positive almost instantly. Unfortunately, Saturday was a crazy day and we weren't able to to get to business but we made time on Sunday - hopefully we weren't too late. I am pretty sure that I ovulated late yesterday afternoon. I had the typical cramping/pressure on one side (the right side this time) that subsided within a few hours.

Finally, a couple questions for those of you who take prescription prenatal vitamins... What kind do you take? Do you like them? and why? I have been taking PrimaCare for three years, but I have a hard time remembering to take both every day. My RE gave me a bunch of samples, but they are almost gone and I need to make a decision on which kind I want him to call in. Your assvice is appreciated.


7 Comments:

Blogger Foxxy One said...

I've been taking Citracal. They go down easy and don't make me sick to my stomach.

I hope you have an easy 2ww.

Blogger Cass said...

My prescription prenatals are made by Akyma (I can't see the full info since it's under the label, and the prescription label just says "Prenatal 1 plus 1 Tablet"). I think last time I filled it they gave me a different brand, but I haven't noticed any difference. I only have to take one a day - I looked into the OTC vitamins recently, and balked at the idea that I'd have to take 4 a day with some of them. No thanks!

Blogger Jamila said...

Hm, weird OPK situation, but sounds like you fit it in just under the wire.

As for prenatals, I now just take an OTC multi-vitamin b/c they have folic acid and aren't a slap in the face, but I used to take Prenate Advanced. I had no problems with them

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been taking Ultra Natalcare by Ethex. I hate vitamins normally and these have not been bad. They have a slight vanilla flavor!

Blogger Miss W said...

I have taken Prenate Ultra and Prenate Elite. They are both coated so they are easier to swallow and do not make me gag like the generic that my pharmacy had to give me once in one of the previous pregnancies when they were out of mine.

Blogger Larisa said...

Glad you figured out the opk situation. No prescription prenatals - I just take the Target ones.

Blogger Nico said...

I don't know if you're still interested on this one... I take a regular multivitamin, and then an extra 400mg folic acid. I checked the multivitamin vs. a prenatal and they seemed almost exactly the same - and the 'prenatal' ones are a lot pricier!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG