Monday, July 25, 2005
Spam or Smart Marketing...?
I received the following email today:

Hi there, Here is a great book , I think you maybe would be interested in, Infertility Related Book, written by Author, Co-Author and Co-Author, this book was just released by Large Publishing Company. You could comment this book on your blog and share with your readers. Please send me your mailing address, I will send you a copy. Attachment is the detailed info about this book. Thanks

The email is signed with a full name and the address for the publicity department of the Large Publishing Company (Confirmed by my best friend Mr. Google). I have not opened the attachment which is a MSW0rd document.

Now, I am certainly not going to respond to this person via email, but I thought I might print the email out and mail it directly to the publishing company's address. What do you think? I am usually not one to turn down free reading material...


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha - I got that one too. I opened the document (did it at work. Why infect my home computer, right?). Was wondering the same thing. I may write about this on my blog and see if we can get more information. It seems a little *too good to be true* right now. Keep me posted and I will do the same.

Blogger Donna said...

Scary how easily found we are, isn't it? Now I feel left out...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG