Friday, February 24, 2006
OUCH!
The stims are not going nearly as well as the Lupr0n injections did. They burn… and today I hit a little vain and started to bleed. I have nicked myself with a Lupr0n needle resulting in a teeny tiny little drop - this was different, and a little freaky, and will probably result in a bruise.

Between the period bloat and the crazy drugs I have running through my system I have manage to outgrow virtually all of my clothes in a week. I know it is only going to get worse and I pray that I can find SOMETHING in my closet at the end of next week that still fits and is appropriate attire for my professional day job. The infertile sweatpants- they just will not cut it!

So far I really haven’t had any side effects unless you count hot flashes and exhaustion. I have stopped drinking my two glasses of red wine a night and have started mixing my coffee in the morning – half decaf and half regular. I know that some of you continue to live life just like normal and I respect that – it just does not work for me. I am too much of a worrywart and need to know that if this fails it was not because I had a glass of wine with dinner on day 6 of stims or two cups of coffee on the morning of day 8 (in my heart I know that none of that really matters – but I just CANT). Husband always says “paranoia will destroy ya” but in this case I just HAVE to be paranoid.

I am approximately one week from retrieval – wow!


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One week- wow is right!!
Thinking of you and wishing you much success with everything!

Blogger Donna said...

Ouch is right, sorry about the shot mishap. Just one more week...

Blogger Mony said...

Wow alright!
It's such a promising and exciting time. I am in the thick of a cycle myself. Good Luck lady!

Blogger Nico said...

I hope that despite the injection problems, the stims are working nicely on your ovaries!

Blogger Mellie said...

Yeah, the lupron seemed a piece of cake to me to compared to the stims. But just 1 more week of it! You ARE doing great - and don't feel like you have to justify to anyone whether or not you're drinking coffee or wine daily. You concentrate on doing what's best for you.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG